Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wasted Resources

Just two hours ago I had my first appointment at the OCC since I've been at Witt.  It was surprisingly helpful and now I'm extremely pissed at myself that I had never gone there in the past to get help for my presentations.  In general, I don't think students use the academic resources that we have at Witt enough....that we already pay for with our tuition. There is the OCC, writing center, FLLC, career center, and student tutors from each department. This year, I also went to the writing center for the first time, and have only gone to the FLLC because it was mandatory for a class, and to the math workshop because I was really struggling with Pre-Calc.  Had I not had to go to the writing center, OCC, and FLLC for a class requirement, I probably never would have went.  But they really are good resources.  I was  a bit skeptical because most of the time, you encounter student workers that help you and it is kind of hard to trust them (especially for me because I hate working in groups!) but they do really know their stuff most of the time.  So a word of advice to everyone-- use these resources when you can because they do actually help and we won't have them in the real world.  Just a suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment