Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl Review

I just wanted to throw my two-cents in about the Superbowl.  And to be honest, I thought it was pretty shitty this year.  Sure the game was entertaining...for about the first quarter.  One interception...within the last couple minutes? Seriously, that's it?  Two fumbles, four sacks? Boring, if you ask me.  And the rest of the entertainment wasn't much better.  Why did we pay Christina Aguilera probably hundreds of thousands of dollars to F*** up the lyrics of the national anthem?  Or the Blacked Eyed Peas for a horrible performance?  Fergie sounded like a dying animal.  Her credibility definitely sunk, it must all be in the recording studio.  I guess shes putting her money in the right place to make sure she sounds like she's actually good and sounds nothing like her true abilities.  I did think the people in the lighted suits were great, that was a really cool touch to the show, but that was about it.  Even the commercials suffer, which are usually the best part. There were only a handful of funny ones, mainly Bud Light, Go Daddy, and Doritos, but even those got repetitive.  It was the same handful of companies that had a majority of air time.  Pretty lame if you ask me.  Maybe I'm just in a cynical mood this week, who knows.  So I'm curious, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment