Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break

This is a little delayed, but I guess I could talk about what I did on spring break here in the lovely Springfield Ohio.  I left to go home to buffalo the Friday before spring break and spent the long weekend at home by hanging out with my family and friends.  My parents and I went to a movie (I can't remember what is was but I know it was good) and one night I ventured downtown for one of my good friends' 21st birthday.  Unfortunately, the weekend was up before I knew it and I had to head back to school on Tuesday in time to make my LSAT class in Dayton.  One of my friends needed a ride back to Ohio State so luckily, I was able to have company for five out of the six hours I was driving.  I got back home to my boyfriends house that I stayed at the rest of break, in time to make dinner and then hit the road again :( needless to say, it was a long day.  On Wednesday I mostly cleaned up the house until I had to work for my soccer coach in the evening.  On both Wednesday and Friday, I helped him train younger club teams from the Springfield area.  It was a lot of fun, I loved interacting with the little kids and it was so funny to see them play.  Sometimes I wish I was still that age.  Friday was also and interesting day though, as I got a flat tire on the way to "fake and bake" so I wouldn't look so pale compared to everyone that was coming back from their spring break trips to Florida and beyond.  I guess people just leave metal rods in the middle of the road :(  So I had to call AAA to put my spare tire on, and all was well from there.  However, when I was leaving to work for my coach again early Saturday morning, my spare got a flat as well.  Really unfortunate and unlucky, but I'm definitely the one to blame...when I pulled the metal rod out of my tire the first time, I accidentally left it on the road....and then ran over it again...Blonde moment I guess, but I did have a good laugh.  But at 7am I had to drive to a place next to Station that fixes tires...and then I had to walk to the HPER from there.  Not fun.  Regardless, people started coming to Witt so we decided to go out, despite my resiliency at first since I knew I had work at 7am again on Sunday.  Long story short, and a few Jim Beam and Cokes later, I was pretty blacked out.  I ended up crashing on a friends couch, and not waking up to my alarm at 6am because my phone was in pieces scattered throughout the room.  Plus, the clocks turned forward so I ended up being two hours late for work...still drunk...

No comments:

Post a Comment