Monday, January 31, 2011

Story #1

Initially, my story was going really well.  I knew exactly who I wanted to interview and exactly what I wanted to write my story about.  The interviews went well and I was able to narrow my stories down to the success of Communication majors after graduation.  Kelly Clark and Joelle Ghanam were the two recent graduates that I interviewed who were both comm majors and got jobs right out of college.  Although the companies that they work for and their positions are completely different, they both answered similarly to my questions about their experiences at Wittenberg and the reasons for their success.  However, when I went to interview people at the career center, I found out that they were booked for weeks so I was not able to interview them at all.  Although this hurt my story a little because I wanted a different perspective from the career center and data about the success of other majors on campus.  But I think this could be a good idea for my bigger story so I'm going to make an appointment at the career center to see if their information will make the story even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment